(yields 3 paninis)
6 slices of sourdough bread
3 tbsp of Mezzatta Sundried Tomato Sandwich Spread
1/2 cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 roma tomatoes
1/2 white onion
1/2 green pepper
1/3 cup sliced black olives
Salt (to taste)
Italian Seasoning (to taste)
Butter (to spread on outside of bread)
Oil (to use for grilling)
- Cut the onions and green peppers into slices depending on how big you want them. Cut the tomatoes and jalapenos into thin round slices.
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees and place the jalapenos on a sheet of foil and place in the oven and roast for about 5-7 minutes or until edges of the jalapenos are wrinkled.
- Heat about 2 tsps oil in a non stick pan on medium high heat. Once the oil is hot place onions and grill until both sides are brown. Repeat steps with green peppers and tomatoes.
- On the outsides of the bread spread a little bit of butter to help toast the outsides.
- On the insides spread 1 tbsp each Mezzatta Sundried Tomato Sandwich Spread
- Add about a third of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Add all the grilled vegetables and olives on top.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt and italian seasoning.
- Place slice on top and grill in a panini maker until bread is golden brown on both sides.